We offer professional critiques on written work, coaching on writing or speaking, spiritual direction and headshot appointments. Scroll down to learn more.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIQUE ON WRITTEN WORK
This is a critique on 6 pages of a work in progress.
Categories for critique:
- Fiction Book (first 6 pages)
- Non-Fiction Book (first 6 pages)
- Blog (3 blog posts)
- Devotional (6 pages maximum)
- Bible Study (6 pages maximum)
- Children’s Book (first 6 pages)
- Speaker One-Sheet (1 page front and back)
- Speaker Presentation (6 pages maximum)
- FICTION Book Proposal One-Sheet (1 page front and back)
- NON FICTION Book Proposal One-Sheet (1 page front and back)
PROFESSIONAL COACHING ON WRITING OR SPEAKING
This is a brainstorming session where you are coached by a professional on any subject of your choice related to your writing or speaking.
Both critique and coaching sessions consist of a 25-minute appointment on Friday between 10 am and 3 pm only with a member of our professional faculty. During the appointment, he/she will encourage you on the next step.
You must register in advance (see below).
The cost for an appointment is $25.
Procedure for Critique and Coaching Appointments:
- Send an email to info@reNEWwriting.com requesting a critique or coaching appointment.
- State which CATEGORY you will submit and when you plan to arrive at the retreat.
- You will receive an email from your professional. You then submit your work to that person no later than August 15. Please note this is ONLY for pre-submitted critiques. The coaching sessions are simply discussions and brainstorming.
- You will receive details by email of your 25 minute appointment arranged on the Friday of the retreat.
- Payment of $25 by cash or check made out to your professional is submitted when you arrive at the retreat.
Please note, only four sessions on Friday and two on Saturday are available. These will be assigned on a first-come first-serve basis.
If you are longing for a quiet time to be with God as you seek his direction on a particular decision, difficulties of any kind, or simply to rest in the presence of the living God, consider a spiritual direction session. This an ancient practice, allows for silence and space for you to experience God and interact with Him.
Sessions will be facilitated by Jennifer Drummond, who is certified in Spiritual Direction. Her role is to listen and support your ongoing conservation with God, through the Holy Spirit. The sessions will take place in a safe and quiet space.
Cost for a spiritual direction session is $50 for 50 minutes, made payable by cash or check made out to Jennifer Drummond.
HEADSHOTS AND SPEAKER SHOTS
We offer headshots and speaker shots taken by professional photographer Marla Darius.
$30 + tax for one headshot OR speaker shot
$60 + tax for one headshot AND speaker shot
$25 + tax for each additional headshot or speaker shot up to a maximum of 6 shots. For more than 6 shots, please request pricing.
Procedure for Headshot Appointments:
- Send an email to info@reNEWwriting.com requesting a “headshot” and/or “speaker shot” appointment.
- State how many poses/photos you will like, when you plan to arrive at the retreat. and your best availability.
- Photo sessions will be scheduled on Friday between 9am and 3pm and on Saturday between 2:30pm and 5:30pm.
- You will receive an email from Marla Darius with your photo appointment, as well as information on what to expect, how to dress, and other details.
- Payment can be cash or check made out to Marla’s Photography and submitted at your photo appointment.
Appointments will not be scheduled at any other time during the weekend so as not to interfere with the flow of the retreat.
(If you have to cancel after your professional has already received your work to critique, we kindly ask you make your payment. Your critique will be sent to you by email. If you request a critique and then decide not to submit, we would need your cancellation as soon as possible so another can be assigned.)