“renewed in knowledge after the image of Him.” Colossians 3.10
reNEW is a retreat for New England Writing open to all beginning and seasoned writers and speakers who desire to communicate the good news of Jesus Christ throughout the world. At reNEW, we believe the core of our calling as writers and speakers is faithfulness to Christ, emphasizing the need to grow deep inwardly, which in turn affects our outward reach.
Our community exists that you might renew:
- Your faith in Christ and commitment to deep spiritual growth — “after the image of Him.” (Colossians 3.10)
- Your vision for sharing your unique story and message through writing and/or speaking.
- Your relationships and encouragement of others in this creative community.
- Your craft and skill in all areas of communication – “renewed in knowledge” (Colossians 3.10)
- Your soul, through a deliberate time of retreating from ordinary life.
- Your courage to share your words with a broken world.
What to expect at reNEW:
- Relaxing atmosphere in a refreshing environment conducive to thinking, writing, praying, studying and listening to God.
- Dedicated space and time for writing, research or tweaking your work in progress.
- Teaching and leadership from professional faculty who are dedicated to Christ and willing to share their journey.
- Celebration of each victory and acceptance of all on the path.
- Fellowship around tables, walks, and spontaneous interaction with a variety of people who are seeking to live authentically.
- Opportunities for growth and learning through a variety of teaching presentations.
- Worship and prayer times that focus on Almighty God.
- Support and sharing of ideas, lessons learned and practical help to increase the depth and breadth of your reach.
- Preparation for future involvement at larger writing/speaking conferences.
Writing is often a solitary experience and reNEW desires to continue to invigorate our existing community and to enfold others into our celebration and support.
We hope you will pray and plan now to join us on this journey.
Rachel Britton – Co-Director Lucinda Secrest McDowell – Co-Director
(reNEW was formerly known as New England Christian Writers Retreat.)